Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tim Walker: Story Teller

Carrie of WishWishWish was able to interview Tim Walker on his latest exhibit, Story Teller, supported by Mulberry. My interest was piqued when I read that fairy tales was one of his inspirations, although as it often happens with art and fashion, that translates more into a vague sense of being whimsical rather than specific fairy tale connections.

However, I very much appreciated the above quote, that "fairy tales are very sinister things." It's such a misconception that continues to circulate that fairy tales are simplistic and childish. Of course, anyone reading this probably has a greater appreciation for fairy tales than the average person and I feel like I've talked about this many times before, so I'll leave it at that and let you click through to read more if you're interested.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Don't show me stunning photography like this! I can't get distracted from my writing by all the other little whimsical and cutesy hobbies I want to have.

    (Great link, thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have written up a lovely piece on Tim Walker. The exhibition was absolutely stunning and I could walk round the East Wing and look at his work all day...

    Love your blog btw!

    living-in-a-fashion-world.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete