Monday, June 14, 2010

Youtube treasures: Disneyland (and World)

Part 1 of Muppets in Disney World. A 1990 film not available unless you taped it off tv.






From the comments:


printthelegends
6 months ago
"It was basically made to promote Disney's impending acquisition of the Muppets, which is why Mickey says "welcome to the family," but the deal fell through after Henson's death. "


Responding to a discussion about Disney's "Wish Upon a Star" vs. the Muppets' "Rainbow Connection:"


alttakes
6 months ago 4
"Obviously they're joking about the "philosophy" line [this comes in part 6], but I've always thought that Rainbow Connection was a really profound philosophical song! And much more beautiful than When You Wish Upon a Star, which it even gently criticizes in its lyrics ("Who said that every wish would be heard and answered when wished on the morning star? Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it: and look what it's done so far...")."


I have to admit, as an unabashed Disney fan as I am, I do NOT like the lyrics to Wish Upon a Star, or the fact that that has become the Disney theme song. "Fate is kind/She gives to those who love/The sweet fulfillment of/Their secret longings"...this would be very nice, if it were at all true, but I believe in never lying to children. Sometimes wishes come true, sometimes they don't.






Disneyland Fun Sing-along Songs


Now, this will be of no interest for anyone unless you grew up watching it, or have young kids to show it to...but my siblings and I LOVED this and I totally still watch it before any time I go to Disneyland, and I may or may not work out to it...only 47 more days till I go!!!


1990 must have been a great year for Disney theme parks promotions, because both these movies came out then...

No comments:

Post a Comment